Friday, November 16, 2012

5 Dwarf Miners in 5 days: Day 1

With the various armies I have collected over the years, I have ended up with a rather large amount of figures.
Most of which, unfortunately, are still unpainted.
The best way to deal with such things is Assembly line painting. Is it fun? Not really. Does it yield pretty quick results? Absolutely!
So, I thought I'd start a segment showing you how I go through a small group of grunt style soldiers relatively quickly.
They are not the prettiest things, but in the massive blocks and formations of infantry grunts they should look just fine.
Here is the initial picture before the painting and the very first step in the painting.

Basically, I am going for a basecoat, one shade, re-basecoat and then one highlight. Simple and effective.
First was metallics  with a basecoat of GW Boltgun Metal, followed by a black wash, Bolt gun again and a highlight of GW Chainmail.
Skin was Dwarf flesh (fitting no?) followed by a Gryphon sepia wash, Re layer with Dwarf flesh and finish with an Elf flesh Highlight.
All in all, about 20 minutes, not including drying time. 
More tomorrow. ;)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...