Saturday, October 10, 2015

Whats in the pipe?

Just thought I would show you guys a little update about what I hope to get started on over the winter months.

Of course, I will always have my standby figs that I work on. Which for the foreseeable future will be Wrath of Kings stuff. My group is also heavily contemplating getting into Guildball. Those figs are freakin sweet, we just need to find a good place to get them as we like to shop local first, if at all possible.

Now! On to the potential Queue. In no particular order.

First off would be the awesomeness that is DUST. I finally broke down and bought myself one of the heavy tanks. At first I really wanted the LongTom/ Mobile HQ. But the Bulldog was on sale for a screaming deal, so I got that instead.

I plan to do a bit of masking and striping on the hull, and then weather it up nice and rusty like the rest of my DUST allies.
Should be a fun and quick project.



I bought my first Bones figure to try out as well. I cant believe how bendy they are. I will be surprised if paint will stick at all! Will still try it once though.



For this next project, I will be going totally against the grain that is the norm for me.

Historical figures have always been on my Radar. I love the thought of massive battles, with rank upon rank of troops resplendent in their bright colors, with banners waving among the units.

To that end, I have gotten myself some figs to go in an English Civil war army. Specifically for the Parliaments forces. I had my mind made up to start a Royalist army, but I changed that mid purchase due to the awesome helmets the Parliamentarian forces wear.

A unit of 12 cavalry will be my start on this HUGE project.



Following that will be lots and lots of Malifaux. I bought in heavy and really love the figs. The game is a freakin blast as well, if not a touch complicated. I do hate to assemble the figs however. If you haven't had the displeasure of this experience before, watch out!

The figs are so tiny, and cut up into a million and a half different pieces. Some things such as beards and necklaces are separate pieces, requiring almost surgeon like steadiness to place properly!
I will persevere and see these on the paint bench soon!







The next thing is something I bought on Impulse. I have been a little jaded on Infinity since the move to 3rd edition and the complete re-sculpt of my army. It felt like a very GW thing to do and I haven't  really touched the game since.
My local shop got a bunch of the new starters in, and I got to see some of the new Morats first hand. They were really too cool looking to pass on......
So, I plan to get these assembled and perhaps that will rekindle the fire to learn the new edition and jump back into the game.



Here is what I have just primed up to start working on. The Wrath of Kings figs will see paint first, and then if I still feel like it, I'll move onto Jake Williams from Wil West Exodus.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...